Mehregan Weight Loss Clinic in Kerman
The Mehregan Weight Loss Clinic located is one of the modern and advanced centres located in the southeast part of Iran, Kerman. This clinic is headed by Dr Payam Nikoyan who is one of the distinguished specialists in this field.
If you are travelling from Oman, Chahbahar Port or Chahbahar Free Zone, this clinic offers a wide range of clinical treatments. Additionally, the clinic offers accommodation for your family if you have a company.
Gastric bypass surgery
The purpose of gastric bypass surgery is to allow the person to eat less food and to eat less of the ingested food. The stomach bypass acts in two parts of the gastrointestinal tract, including stomach cramping and narrowing of the small intestine.
Stomach Bipolar Surgery
First, the stomach is divided into two regions, and the smaller part, which usually has a volume of 5 to 10 percent of the total stomach, takes charge of food maintenance, and the more significant portion remains in the abdomen and does not go out and continues to perform its duties. Through the surgical process, the stomach size is reduced by cutting the length of the narrow intestine from 280 cm to 120 cm; the cut intestine is sewn to the small stomach. The food enters the stomach into the small intestine after entering the stomach, digesting and absorbing it consumes fewer and feels less.
As the post operation, patients who perform the gastric bypass stay in the hospital stay for two-three nights. Most of the patients can resume the normal routine after a week.
Who is the candidate for gastric bypass surgery?
Stomach Bypass Surgery is a new method applied for weight loss treatment for patients with BMI of greater than 45. The gastric bypass surgery is applied for patients with the ages of 18 and 70.
The sever obesity is a classification for a person with BMI of above 45; this condition is also referred as the third-grade obesity.
The benefits of gastric bypass surgery
- The patients who follow the post-operation advice have higher success rate and there are far fewer cases of returning to the past obesity conditions,
- Treatment for type 2 diabetes and treating diabetes in over 70% of cases, or reducing the need for insulin and medication.
- The gastric ulcer does not have a surgical incision. The operation is done through laparoscopy.
- In rare cases that the digestive system is required to return to the first state, the operation is reversible.
The disadvantages of the gastric bypass procedure
- The patients who undergo gastric bypass surgery are required to take the vitamin and iron and calcium tablets at the end of their life or at least the first two years.
- Due to the excess of weight, the patient’s skin is stretched and hence after the completion of stomach bypass surgery when patients lose weight and the skin of the abdominal area would require a further cosmetic procedure to look normal.
- Pregnancy is not recommended until the end of a slimming course of about 2 years.
The food diet after the gastric bypass surgery
After surgery, it is necessary to eat and drink slowly, because fast eating and drinking may cause the tipping syndrome, which means that the food quickly enters the small intestine and symptoms such as nausea, dizziness, vomiting and diarrhoea. To prevent these conditions, choose low-fat and low-fat foods and liquids, drink fluids 30 minutes before or after each meal, and allow a minimum of 30 minutes to eat each meal.
The patients are advised to take the prescribed vitamins and supplements after the gastric bypass surgery. The new syringe that connects your stomach to the small intestine is very small, and larger pieces of food can block it, hence the patients are strongly advised to chew their food properly and eat slowly.