Fertility IVF Treatment in Iran
What is the Fertility IVF treatment?
It is an assisted reproductive technology [art] where the process of fertilisation is done by extracting eggs, retrieving a sperm sample and manually combining them in a laboratory dish. The fertilised egg known as embryo[s] is then transferred to the uterus.
Why using the IVF method?
The IVF method is used to treat infertility due to the following situations:
- Blocked or damaged fallopian tubes.
- Male factor infertility like decreased sperm count or sperm motility.
- Women with ovulation disorders, premature ovarian failure and uterine fibroids.
- Women who had their fallopian tubes removed.
- Those with a genetic disorder.
- Unexplained infertility.
The success of in vitro fertilisation depends on; reproductive history, maternal age, the cause of fertility and lifestyle factors.
What is involved in the fertility IVF treatment?
There are five necessary steps in vitro fertilisation and embryo transfer process:
- Fertility medications are prescribed to stimulate egg production. A transvaginal ultrasound is done to examine the ovaries and blood test samples is taken to check hormone levels.
- Eggs are retrieved through a minor surgical procedure that uses ultrasound imaging to guide a hollow needle through the pelvic cavity to remove eggs.
- Male is asked to produce a sample of sperms and prepared for combining with the egg.
- Insemination where the sperm and egg are mixed and stored in a lab dish for fertilisation to occur.
- The fertilised egg [embryo] is transferred into women’s uterus 3-5days after retrieval and fertilisation. A catheter is inserted into the uterus to transfer the embryo and if successful implantation occurs in 6-10 days after egg retrieval.
Side effects of the IVF
Some mild side effect which usually clears after few days include:
- Passing small amount of either clear or blood-tinged after the procedure.
- Mild cramping.
- Mild bloating
- Breast tenderness.
Consult the doctor immediately if there is:
- Heavy vaginal bleeding.
- Pelvic pain.
- Blood in the urine.
- High fever.