Orthopaedics Treatments in Iran
What is the orthopaedics?
It is a line of surgery and treatment involving the musculoskeletal system and entail; degenerative conditions, trauma, sport injury, tumors and congenital issues.
The main part of orthopedics is a surgical operation.
Orthopedic surgery has often been considered a largely inpatient specialty due to the common association of this field with major reconstructions, such as hip and knee replacement. Since this process can require several days of hospitalization, patients seeking major joint replacement surgery or spinal surgery from the United States have often traveled abroad in order to control the associated costs.
The most frequently performed orthopedic surgeries are:
- Knee arthroscopy
- Shoulder arthroscopy and decompression,
- Carpal tunnel release,
- Knee arthroscopy and chondroplasty,
- Removal of support implant,
- Knee arthroscopy and anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction,
- Knee replacement,
- Repair of a femoral neck fracture,
- Repair of trochanteric fracture
- Last but not least hip replacement.
Cost of Orthopaedics Procedures in Iran
Why MEDOBAY suggests you perform orthopaedic surgeries in Iran?
If you need orthopaedic Surgery, you have come to the right place. MEDOBAY will help you save thousands of dollars by giving you the best offer for your surgery in Iran. Not all countries and hospitals are of the same quality or standards. We can help you have a better experience by guiding you to the best hospital for your procedure and budget.
We are cooperating with great surgeons and excellent hospitals to provide you with the best treatment you need. In fact, there are many factors in choosing a centre to perform surgical operations but the main points are quality and price that absorb attention. Therefore, we are offering not only high-quality centres but there is a substantial difference between the costs of surgical operations in Iran in comparison with other countries
For instance, Anesthesia typically costs between €2,500 and €4,000 for orthopaedic procedures in the USA. surgical planning session. Some allow this fee to be applied to your surgery if you choose to move forward.
Here is the list of least and the most expensive places for ACL treatment In USA
Knee replacement surgery: going private or abroad; NHS patients waiting for their treatment (knee replacement) with an average cost of £11,400, although this may go as high as £15,400
The average hospital charge for a total knee replacement (TKR) in the United States is $49,500. A partial knee replacement (PKR) typically costs about 10% to 20% less than a TKR
Typical costs: For patients without health insurance, a total hip replacement usually will cost between $31,839 and $44,816, with an average cost of $39,299, according to Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina. However, some medical facilities offer uninsured discounts.
Prices are obviously lower in Iran and knee replacement, hip replacement and ACL or MCL repair would cost in the region of 1000-2000 USD. Thus, according to the costs, it is reasonable to consider Iran as a centre to perform surgical operations with high quality and excellent price.
The most common orthopaedic surgical procedures are the following:
- Employed to treat problems occurring inside the joint using an arthroscope.
Soft Tissue Repair
- For torn ligaments and tendons.
- In which a damaged joint is replaced with a prosthesis.
Revision Joint Surgery
- In which a preexistent implant is changed with a new one.
Bone Fracture Repair With Internal Fixation
- Performed when broken pieces of bone are repositioned using metal plates, screws or pins.
- During which damaged soft tissues or bones are removed.
Fusion of bones
- in which bones are fused with grafts.
- during which the spinal bones (vertebrae) are joined together.
- aimed at correcting bone deformities.
Here are the most common body areas where orthopaedic surgery may be performed.
- Wrists. The most common wrist surgeries are for the release of the carpal tunnel or the fracture of the distal radius.
- Ankles. Fractures of the ankle are common sports injuries. They are also common workplace injuries on sites where workers can fall from considerable heights or are exposed to trip hazards.
- Hips. The most common hip procedures are the repair of the femoral neck, a trochanteric fracture or the replacement of the hip joint with a prosthetic.
- Spine. The most common spinal operations are laminectomies, spinal fusions and intervertebral disc operations.
- Shoulders. Arthroscopic surgery can be effective to repair the rotator cuff, decompress the shoulder or excise the distal clavicle. For more information on shoulder injuries, look here.
- Knees. Procedures to repair the MCL and ACL are among the most common knee procedures. Also common is the total replacement of the knee.
Traditional vs. Arthroscopic Procedures
- Most orthopaedic surgeries are either performed traditionally or through the use of an arthroscope. There are some occasions where open surgery is needed, but the majority fall into these two categories. Traditional surgery is more invasive and often comes with considerably longer recovery times compared to arthroscopic procedures as incisions are made to parts of the body involved.
- While arthroscopic procedures are marketed as less invasive, you need to understand that they are not without risk. It is still possible to experience complications, including infection of the surgical site and surgical errors.